Classes with same name error

eric1235711

Hello,

I lost some time trying to find out a problem: when I included a file in my script, it showed a "Page not found" error.

I discovered that the file I was including had another version of a class that is already set in my "common header include".

well, my doubt is:

"Why PHP didn't say that there were classes with the same name???"

thanks in advance!

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

the problem is that it shows the browser's "page not found" error message...

try reproducing the error:

create two files with

class test{
	function __construct(){
			echo "ok";
	}
}

you can change the methods and properties.

and then include both in another file, or make one file include the other.

Boom! "Page Not Found" LOL

If I could try it I would, but no PHP on this box.

Why are you including two classes of the same name anyways, that should at least throw an error. Maybe it is a bug in PHP5. I think PHP 4 would throw an error.

If someone else has PHP 5 and wants to confirm it I Would suggest submitting a bug report. But either way you shouldn't have two classes named the same and included at the same time...

Have you enabled display_errors? display_errors is turned off by defualt. If it is not enabled no errors will be shown during runtime. Turn display_errors on and it should display errors.

Get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class test in C:\Server\www\class.test.php on line 3

I did what you suggested to do for reproducing the error. class.test.php is the file that has the same class code as the file that is including class.test.php

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.