Looking for auction software

KevinM1

My boss decided that we're going into the auction business, in addition to our generic computing solution stuff (basic web design, computer building and repair, small network building and repair), so I need to help him do research on the different software packages out there that we can use.

At this point, the majority of you are probably saying "Just build your own, dimwit."  And I agree that we should.  Unfortunately, my abilities aren't up to that point yet, and we need to get started on this ASAP.  I won't go into details, but it's just not cost effective for us to wait at this point while I research how to construct a site like this from scratch.  So, the plan is to use a software package that I can modify and learn from to not only put something online in the immediate future, but to hopefully give me something to learn from so I can build a custom version in the long run.  In other words, instead of waiting to learn how to build such an auction site before putting it online, we'll have something up and running 'now' while I learn.

So, with all that being said, I have no idea as to what sites are secure and more or less stable.  To this point (as we're still in the preliminary planning stages), we've only found AJ Auction software.  It seems to meet the requirements, but we'd still like to find a few more options.  Yes, we're going to be (and have been) using Google in our search, but I figure that the community here may know of some options that we'll inevitably miss.  The requirements that we need to fulfill aren't very limiting:

Cost, at this point, isn't much of a concern.

It has to be PHP 4+.

It has to work on Windows Server 2003.

MySQL 4+ would be nice, but not necessary.

That's about it.

Thanks in advance, guys! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.