Copyrighting/protecting my scripts

cooldude832

I'm starting to see some people sneak off some cURL() on my site which I don't care, but what is the proper way to copyright my scripts/data to protect me from thieves (without consent)

Not really a php question, but kinda.

I know there is a common creative license can php scripts go under that?

Sneak what type of data, images or just text?

As for copyrighting, I think as long as you put a statement that this data is copywritten by you and some date you are covered to where you can goto the person who stole the content and say, "you violated copyright laws remove immediately" usually most people remove it.

Thats all I ever done lol.

You might want to "insert" your name in to that copyright. Additionally go here and apply for a license as you said: http://creativecommons.org/license/

Legally, Any creative work unless underwritten by a license is your property.

As for law, well, you are really better of applying to your local council office for a copyright on your work, it costs something like £25, but if you end up going to caught, they will get smacked with a wet fish.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.