Loading external font

Gruzin

Hi guys,

How can I load a font from server and use it on my site? I mean non windows standard font... Like I have a ttf file and I want to use it as a usuall font on website.

thanks for helping,

George

Thanks for reply, but actually I'd like to use another method like this:

src:url("assets/bkant.ttf");

but it doesn't work... maybe someone knows how can I solve that problem?

thanks,

George

Browsers don't render ttf files. Most operating systems don't either. These are completely unrelated to websites.

What you are asking is like asking "how can I automatically replace somebody's screensaver with my own when they visit my website". Frankly put it is outrageous and impossible, unless you mean hacking the person's computer to gain access to it.

there is a method using the WEFT(http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/weft3/) tool from MS.  Unfortunatley some browsers (namely firefox) will not do anything with css, The WEFT toll gove you the css you ned to use but if you need i,anexample canbefound here - http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/72348

Um Firefox works fine with all CSS. It's IE that doesn't render CSS right.

And weft is definitely NOT what you are looking for. That is an operating system specific client side program, meaning it won't work unless the person installs the program, and it won't even run on most operating systems. That shit does not belong on websites.

Um firefox will NOT download any font that is defined by the @font-face rule (certainly since I last tried which was 2.0.0.1)...

And the WEFT tool is for creating an .eot file that you place on your server for a browser to download and embed the font. IT IS NOT AN APP THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO VIEW SUCH FONTS.

I get the impression you are not as fully aware of the strengths/limitations of browsers and how they implement technologies like css as you think you are...

Sorry but your responses imply fact - when in fact they don't.  This forum is to give people a good round knowledge in web development (with the focus on php of course). Some of that knowledge is based on the idiosyncracies of browsers.

Perhaps in the future if someone posts something you disagree with but have provided some links on the issue you might go and read them before you reply (that way you will have more knowledge to your armour!).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.