baffled by a simple switch() not working

tc48

Hello... I have this script...

switch($pid){
case 001:
     echo "
	    Seat maps are diagrams that can be automatically added into your report based
	 upon the information you enter in the aircraft, airline, and seat field for
	 each leg.
	 ";
     break;
case 002:
	 echo "
	    Cover images are used to personalize the appearance of your 					         report throughout the website.  Your cover image will appear in search results         and on your main profile page among other places.  If you choose not to upload 		         a cover image, a default one will be used in its place.";
	 break;
    case 003:
	 echo "
	    Trip reports are seperated by legs of your trip.  A leg is considered the flight between any two points.  A flight that stops over in an airport would be considered to have two legs.";
	 break;
 case 004:
	 echo "
	    You may add photos to your trip report by choosing 'Yes' here.  You may upload up to ten photos for each leg of your trip, for a maximum total of 100 photos per report.  Photos will automatically be resized to fit in your report.";
	 break;
 case 005:
	 echo "
	    We are currently in the process of building our database of the geographical locations of over a thousand airports around the world.  Once this process is done, the map feature will be enabled";
	 break;
case 006:
	 echo "
	    We are currently in the process of building our database of airline seatmaps.  New seat maps are constantly being added on an airline-by-airline basis.";
	 break;
case 007:
	 echo "
	    You may check to see what airlines currently have seat maps of the entire fleet by clicking onto the airlines section of the website.  There will be a green check mark in the Seat Maps column of those that have them.";
break;
case 008:
	 echo "
	    We are constantly adding to our database of airlines, airports, and aircraft.";
	 break;
    default:
	 echo "Invalid Pop-Up ID: $pid";
	 break;
}

Now if i pass any id for $pid up to 007 it works fine.  But then 008 and up do not work!  It defaults and gives me Invalid Pop-Up ID: 008 .  This means that its not $pid not passing properly thats not making it work.  Maybe its something stupid and I just need a fresh pair of eyes... Thanks ahead.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.