Quick mock up of a possible site for myself

SharkBait

www.tyleringram.com/New

Something simple and perhaps useful to myself since I would really like to start doing more design/development/repair work for websites. :)

Just looking for initial thoughts and suggestions.

It's extremely dark.  For a site that dark, I'd expect more of a personal site.  If you're looking to get business, I'd go with a lighter approach because it will appeal to the masses.

Actually, it is a bit simple but I quite like it...has a certain understated elegance in a way...only thing is the lighter gray element that sits below the header is quite dark on my moniter and you almost don't notice it's there, but it could just be my moniter...i think you can work with what you have but try to pull something more out of it...maybe a second highlight color...orange works nicely with blue in some cases, or a light green - maybe you could work that into it to brighten things up a bit.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.