Very Simple Question! Help!!!

TheFilmGod

I'm new to javascript. I have never used it before. This is a special ocassion! 8) 8) 8)

<script type="text/javascript">

document.write_story.picaltinput.disabled;
document.write_story.picuploadinput.disabled;

</script>

This is at the head of my document. I want javascript to go to those input fields and add disabled="true". At this time, the disabled feature has not been put in the code. So no "disabled" or "disabled=false" exist!

I want this to work like this: When you have javascript turned off, the inputs are not disabled. But when it is on, I want them disabled unless they click on the radio buttons. The buttons work just fine. I just can't get the first step to work.

Summary: NO JAVASCRIPT = not disabled input field

Javascript on = disables input field

This is all I want it to do. What I am doing wrong?

here you go

<form id="myform">
<fieldset>
enable input:<input type="radio" onclick="changeInputStatus(this.value)" name="inputStatus" value="false" />
disable input:<input type="radio" onclick="changeInputStatus(this.value)" name="inputStatus" value="true" />
</fieldset>
<input type="text" name="text1" />
</form>
<script>
//this variable refers to the input box now
var element=document.getElementById('myform').text1;

function changeInputStatus(setDisabled){
setDisabled=eval(setDisabled);
if(setDisabled==true){
	element.disabled="disabled";
}
else{
	element.disabled="";
}
}
//disables the input
changeInputStatus(true);
</script>

You're running your javascript code before the input field are rendered by the browser. Make sure your code runs after the page is loaded (body onload event) place the code after the input field (like DJ Kat example).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.