7 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wants a Free Hosted Shopping Cart

• Interested
    • Sorta Interested
    • I'm in the middle
    • Not to Cool
    • Dumbest thing in the World

• 2 weeks later...

I have made some additional changes to the program, please give me some feedback on whether this Free Shopping Cart is a good idea. I hope to make this as big as stat counter. I will be installing google maps into the program soon so you can view, graphically, where all the visitors and buyers are located. If you have any other ideas that wouold be much appreciated.

I dont have a clue about this kind of stuff, but it seems a good idea to me. I was testing it for any errorrs or smth: When i clicked HTML CODE it showed a blank page. Then i entered CONFIGURATION and selected a button for my cart and entered a merchant id (non existant), after that the html code could show up. Also i created an item and when editing it, it told that the description had illegal chars, even if it was just Title: Wacom, Description: Wacom Tablet. Also the price isnt validating when adding an item. I entered 'asdasd' and it submited, adding just 0.00 to the price. Appart from these small things, it worked pretty fine. Nice job.

When i clicked HTML CODE it showed a blank page.

When you say you clicked the HTML Code page, did it not show any thing like the navagation or did it just not show any products?

It would make since if it showed the navagation but no products, but if it was a complete blank page I have an error somewhere. Can you help me understand a little bit more of what was going on? Thanks for your help and support.

what it was is that I had a if statement that made it so not other code would run until you set your cart image. basically the if statement was in the wrong spot, but its fixed. I reset your account so you can see that it will show the navagation and a nice error message if you go to the html code page before setting the add to cart image.

with such things as shopping carts, instal a reCaptcha or a Captcha to stop spammers, in my opinion..

u kno, the boxes that make u verify that ur a human by typing what you see

I think thats a good idea, but I will wait to install once I get bigger.

Well firstly I noticed your freeCart already has a Signed SSL Certificate.

Considering this is a shopping cart everything should be very secure.

So I strongly suggest you make the login page SSL as well as the page it's POST's the data to just like you made the registration page secure.

Use .htaccess file to force users to use https on those pages.

Well firstly I noticed your freeCart already has a Signed SSL Certificate.

Considering this is a shopping cart everything should be very secure.

So I strongly suggest you make the login page SSL as well as the page it's POST's the data to just like you made the registration page secure.

Use .htaccess file to force users to use https on those pages.

Great idea! I don't know anything about .htaccess. Can you help?

404 on why is it free, privacy policy, terms and conditions.

Forget password needs an explanation, I don't know to enter email or username from that form.

The images are missing.  I recommend writing something like [Register Now] below the login.  It looks out of place in the top bar.

On the register page, I think it should follow the same template.  Also, it is hard to read the black on the dark gray.

Lastly, for terms and conditions on the register page, confirming email looks like a condition, and in my opinion the words terms and conditions should link to a pop up with the terms and conditions.

404 on why is it free, privacy policy, terms and conditions.

Forget password needs an explanation, I don't know to enter email or username from that form.

The images are missing. I recommend writing something like [Register Now] below the login. It looks out of place in the top bar.

On the register page, I think it should follow the same template. Also, it is hard to read the black on the dark gray.

Lastly, for terms and conditions on the register page, confirming email looks like a condition, and in my opinion the words terms and conditions should link to a pop up with the terms and conditions.

Yes you are correct. The whole formatting part will be finished when the beta testing is complete. Thx for the comments.

Oh, and I just noticed.  It doesn't ask for your name (which you might want to know in case their was a legal issue).

I also saw this blurb:

Why do you need to know my name?

We provide a very pleasant personalised service - being addressed by your name when you use the service makes it all the more enjoyable.

No point in having that if you don't ask the name.

And personalized is mis-spelled.

Oh, and I just noticed.  It doesn't ask for your name (which you might want to know in case their was a legal issue).

I also saw this blurb:

Why do you need to know my name?

We provide a very pleasant personalised service - being addressed by your name when you use the service makes it all the more enjoyable.

No point in having that if you don't ask the name.

And personalized is mis-spelled.

Thank you. I will add that soon and fix the mispelling.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.