sending POST withought a form

PC Nerd

hi,

Im looking for a way to send data to a page as POST, but withought having to use a form.  Eg GET is in the URL, but i want the URL to be withought all that data. Is it possible to send the POST this way, or isit only ann option with forms?

thanks

you could.... use a form like this

<form>
<input type="hidden" name="somename" value="somevalue">
<input type="image" src="images.php?id=<?php echo $id; ?>">
</form>

And then create a page called I don't know images.php that will generate an image that looks like a link using GD.

God speed little doodle.

ok, thankx

im not sure what your type = 'image' means,. ive never used it in a form before.

all i want to do is send data from page a to page b, exactly like using GET, but i want it to be POST.  Its simply to "clean" the URL of the page.

thanks

www.php.net/cURL

You may want to look into curl, although that is for mainly retrieving data from a site.

Another way is to use a hidden form which is submitted via javascript.

Finally why not just use Sessions?

Those are the only ways I know.

if you want to use the idea of get method but you dont want to show the query string you canhave the  headerfile that after passing the query string you will redirect the the user from the page without the qstring u dont want to show 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.