./logs/access.log.82

./logs/access.log.86

</code>

now i want to send the output of this command to cat command:

<code>

cat `ls `find ./logs -name access.log.*` -l | grep May | awk '{print $9}'``

>

</code>

i am getting just this > symbol , so how i can redirect the output to the cat command.

ok let met explain the problem from begining :

in my page i have forms that allow the user to chose the report month and year and when the user will submit that the page will bring a full report of his traffic on that time.

what i want to do is that :

when the user will chose the month the code will search in the log files created on that time and send their contents tot calamaris for specific user:

<code>

echo shell_exec("cat `ls `find ./logs -name access.log.* ` -l | grep May |  awk '{print $9}'`| grep akadi_icho | /usr/bin/perl  ./calamaris/calamaris -a -P 60 -T 0 -r 400 -d 500 -u -O -F html");

</code>

but because the following  command:

<code>

ls ./logs -l | grep May | awk '{print $9}'

access.log.81

access.log.82

access.log.86

</code>

it is not giving the path so the cat can't be executed (here i put for May just as example ), so i have used the command in this way combined with find command to get the path of the files:

<code>

ls `find ./logs -name access.log.*` -l | grep May | awk '{print $9}'

./logs/access.log.81

./logs/access.log.82

./logs/access.log.86

</code>

now i want to send the contents of this file to calamaris for specific user such akadi_icho, but i don't know why cat is not working so , i tried the following way:

<code>

cat ./logs/`ls ./logs -l | grep May | awk '{print $9}'` | grep saro_der_avanesian

output is :

ages/letters/black/239.gif saro_der_avanesian FIRST_PARENT_MISS/proxy.aic.net image/gif

1178460942.330    848 10.2.0.181 TCP_MISS/200 459 GET http://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gif? saro_der_avanesian FIRST_PARENT_MISS/proxy.aic.net image/gif

cat: access.log.82: No such file or directory

cat: access.log.86: No such file or directory

</code>

it is searching in the first file just , u can see that it  didn't iterate for the second and third file , so what should i do .

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.