[SOLVED] How to get two keys from array loop?

t_machine

I have an array that stores ids, each of which is unique. Is there a way to run a for loop and get two keys at a time instead of only one?

Example

$id = array(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6);

for loop....

echo key 1

echo key 2

next loop

echo key 3

echo key 4

and so on....

Each key must not appear twice  so once a key is displayed, it will be removed from any further loops.

I need it to display two keys at a time because I will be pairing them up for the next part of the script.

Thanks for any help :)

Thanks everyone :)

GuiltyGear is close to what  i need but the result repeats each keys

1 - 2

2 - 3

3 - 4

4 - 5

The perfect scenario would be the following

1 - 2

3 - 4

5 - 6

7 - 8

I tried the other two examples but my comp nearly crashed from the loops that kept continuing

Thought u needed it that way. In this case the code provided by hitman6003 is your case. Probably they crashed cos in the first it is '$i + 2' and not '$i += 2' and in the second the $i is not incremented. Anyway this code should do it:

for($i=0; $i<count($id); $i += 2){
echo $id[$i] . ' - ' . $id[$i+1] . '<br />';
}

lol. What i was saying is that u cant use $i+2 to increment $i by 2. U must use $i=$i+2 or simply $i += 2. At least at my side it is entering an endless loop. The other thing is that teng84 wrote a for loop without incrementing $i. But guess these arent important in an example code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.