[FireFox] AJAX fetch works when FireBug enabled, not when disabled?! Ideas?

zq29

I'm fetching some data using some Ajax, which works great in IE and Opera, but doesn't work at all in FireFox, unless that is, if I switch on FireBug - Then it works perfectly. This is very odd - Has anyone experienced this before, and is there anything I should be looking for specifically to fix this issue?

That's the thing, I'm not getting any errors of any description. Though, the content that is being fetched is being loaded into a sliding-down-scriptaculous-thingy, so maybe it is actually being loaded, but after the slider has slid. And it might be loading with FireBug switched on due to the increased load time as a result of FireBug analysing it. That might not have made any sense outside of my head. I'll investigate further...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.