Noggin Animations

Noggin

As you can tell by the title, I create animations using Adobe Flash.

When I first created my website, it had a much different name, Mauve Studios.

It evolved soon enough into "nexjay", and then on into Noggin Animations.

I decided to stick with the name and my good friends, gm-ark (my hoster)

So Noggin Animations started off as a tiny page-edit website, as I gained new knowlege in PHP coding, I coded my heart out to make it what it is today.

If you'd like to visit, go here: nogginanimations.gm-ark.co.uk

At the moment I am working on the comics section (getting the series names to order correctly)

and I will be adding more features to the user area soon.

Thanks for visiting,

-Noggin

Your pages had been trying to load for about 45 seconds.... then I got...

The connection has timed out

The server at nogginanimations.gm-ark.co.uk is taking too long to respond.

*  The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

*  If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

*  If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

By brutal he means:

[The following is not for the faint of heart]

It layout looks worse than a geocities site designed by a noob while high on some narcotics.

No offense, but it is true. You need a bit more 'design' to tie everything together.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/sites/gm-ark.co.uk/public_html/subdomains/nogginanimations/img/php/database.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'gm-ark.co.uk'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/sites/gm-ark.co.uk/public_html/subdomains/nogginanimations/img/php/database.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/sites/gm-ark.co.uk/public_html/subdomains/nogginanimations/img/php/database.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'gm-ark.co.uk'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/sites/gm-ark.co.uk/public_html/subdomains/nogginanimations/index.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/sites/gm-ark.co.uk/public_html/subdomains/nogginanimations/index.php on line 7

Error @ 1 Access denied for user 'gm-ark.co.uk'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Also, your signature is really annoying...

Why not make you're whole website in flash, It will take less time to load and it will be faster.

... and be less accessible.

And why would that be?

Most web users has flash, if they do not have it, they will have to get it at some point.

Why not make you're whole website in flash, It will take less time to load and it will be faster.

... and be less accessible.

And why would that be?

Most web users has flash, if they do not have it, they will have to get it at some point.

AFAIK screen readers don't know Flash...

I think good screen readers can read flash without problems.

As for the site, I'm not a fan.  The colors are ugly and the design is boring especially for someone who is into flash which is a medium for presentation over information.  Nice flash sites look good and artsy and have something unique about them.

Can't say i'm much of a fan of the animations either, just not my thing I guess. The flash menu is nothing special which means it doesn't make sense to use flash.  Again, flash is for presentation, if you offer nothing over html, no point in using it.

Columns have no clear separation, Is that supposed to be news on the main page?  Clean it up, make it look better.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.