[SOLVED] numeric value to date format

iiker

I have a number, let's say 140820071211 (todays date and time at 12 11) and now i need to conver it to date format (ie 14. Aug 2007 12 11) How would i do that? is there any function that makes it to date (ei i give the date format i first used date('jmYGi'); and it returns the date ?)

well now i understand, but theres still a problem.

my number isn't a timestamp. its just a date and time pushed together and now i need to separate it again.

using functions in w3schools's page gives wrong result. function date(format, timestamp) requires timestamp that i don't have.

<?php
$timestamp = 140820071211;
$unix_timestamp = mktime(substr($timestamp,8,2), substr($timestamp,10,2), 0, substr($timestamp,2,2), substr($timestamp,0,2), substr($timestamp,4,4));
echo date('r', $unix_timestamp);
?>

date() only takes UNIX timestamps.

apparantly that number is not a timestamp dan...

so the only solution is to take the string and spilt it up just and a position - so take first 2 digits as day, next 2 as month etc....

this requires that the data is a string and that leading zeros are maintained so that the 'number' is always a uniform length

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.