!!!!!SMTP - WTF

I have run every SMTP server I have found on the net, and unles me and 8 other people don't know how to install an SMTP server, our ISP blocks SMTP.

Is there a way to find out if they do?  I can't even use external SMTP servers, it says it can't connect.

• 3 weeks later...

I have run every SMTP server I have found on the net, and unles me and 8 other people don't know how to install an SMTP server, our ISP blocks SMTP.

Is there a way to find out if they do?  I can't even use external SMTP servers, it says it can't connect.

Find a website that checks your ports, and have it check the port your mail server is using. If it doesn't work, and your firewall isn't blocking it, your ISP is.

• 2 months later...

In anycase, what you can do is goto places like No-IP.com and user their SMTP redirection service, all that means is your SMTP server runs on a different UNBLOCKED port, and they forward on SMTP request on port 25 to whatever port your SMTP server uses.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.