[SOLVED] Not accepting a stream from outside sites (via PHP fopen)?

Anubislg

Hello everyone,

I've tried to look everywhere for this, but I'm coming up empty handed.

I'm running Apache 2.2.4 with PHP 5.2.3 (Win XP SP2), and everything save for one little things looks to work just fine.

Basically, I have a PHP script on my main website (http://www.emurade.com/FRSmini.php) that calls for a TXT file on my Apache (home) server using just a standard fopen.

Now...when I upload the TXT file to another webserver of mine (not-local/not hosted by me), the script is able to pull from the other website just fine.  BUT...when I try and pull the file from my APACHE server....well...nothing happens at all!  I don't even get an error in the log, or for that matter, an access attempt in the log!  Nor do I get an error from the PHP script!

The file in question is called Chat.0.log, just incase that has anything to do with it.

Any idea's?

Thank you kindly,

Anubis

Hello Thorpe,

Thank you for your response!

The firewall isn't an issue, since I (and many others outside my home network) can access the Apache Server directly with no problems at all, and the port forwards are working great, too.  Also, calling a PHP script from the Apache Server works beautifully also (as does calling a PHP script from Emurade).

It's just that when-ever the script on Emurade.com tries to get the TXT file from my apache server...it fails most horribly!

The PHP script I'm using to call the TXT file from emurade is:

$filename = "http://154.54.154.54:8080/Chat.0.log";

$fp = fopen( $filename, "r" ) or die("   Error: Unable to start the ICRS.  Please contact the administrator at anubislg@thisisafakeaddress.com");

Note the IP addie is changed for the sake of posting on here.  There's also more to the script, but I figure it's less of a PHP problem, and more of an Apache problem (due to the reasons in my first post).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.