[SOLVED] Image manipulation with PHP

Injenn

If you're familiar with the Wajas website, they have a script where they have a base image, and the script applies a layer of color (based on a user's hexadecimal entry) onto the image, then saves it as their Waja (pet).

Say, user creates Waja # 45.

They have the base image - and then decide they want it to be red. So, they enter #FF000 into the "Base color" box, and the image's base color turns red.

Then, when they click "Create," the image is saved as "waja45.png" or something of the sort, and it shows up as their waja.

How would I go about making a script like that, where I can enter a pet's base image, and users can determine which color they want it to be? I know how to do it Photoshop (separate the layers...), but... for automatically doing it?

Would anyone be able to help me? I don't have experience in PHP/MYSQL, but I have some friends who are programmers who could help, if they knew how to do it.

Or, if you were able to make it for me, I could do something in exchange for you (artwork, web design, stories, or USD).

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.