[SOLVED] So I found a new way but need help

ccrevcypsys

So ive been bugging you guys about the delete function but nvm. Im just going to change the product to have a variable that is either a 1 or a 0. 0 being (not deleted) and 1 being vice versa. but im having a problem getting the insert update to find the productId here is the code

if($products == TRUE){	
	if(isset($_POST['deleted'])) {
		$record["deleted"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['deleted']);
			$where = "productId = ".$results[$i]['productId'];
		$insert = $db->update($glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory", $record , $where);
	}else{
	   	$artist_console->assign("ERR_DEL",$lang['front']['viewOrder']['err_del']);
	}

This is the error i get

MySQL Error Occured

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

QUERY = UPDATE cc_CubeCart_inventory SET `deleted`='1' WHERE productId =

its not finding the product id

so that means this is wrong

$where = "productId = ".$results[$i]['productId'];

and i dont know how to get it to work

where should i echo? im still new to php i can edit it but i cant really make code yet. sorry

well here i tried this tell me if its right

$where = "productId = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_POST['productId'])." AND cat_id = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_POST['cat_id']);

$insert = $db->update($glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory", $record , $where);

echo $insert

$insert is probably a resource, so it probably won't show anything useful, but I don't know what your class is returning. Otherwise, looks right, assuming you have a 'productid' in the $_POST array. I don't know how your code works because you havn't shown much. It would be easier for people to help you if you showed more code.

k heres the form code

<form name="delete" action="index.php?act=artistConsole" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">
	<input name="deleted" type="hidden" class="textbox" value="1">
        <input name="productid" type="hidden" class="textbox" value="{PRODUCT_ID}" />
        <input name="submit" type="submit" value="Delete" class="submit" />
        </form>

php code

$record["productId"]= $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['productId']);
					$where = "productId = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_POST['productId']);

}else{
					$artist_console->assign("ERR_DEL","Error, Cannot Delete For Some Reason"); 
					$artist_console->parse("artist_console.order_true.session_true.error_true");

}

db class code

function update ($tablename, $record, $where)
{
	if(!is_array($record)) die ($this->debug("array", "Update", $tablename));

$count = 0;

foreach ($record as $key => $val)
	{
		if ($count==0) $set = "`".$key."`"."=".$val;
		else $set .= ", " . "`".$key."`". "= ".$val;
		$count++;
	}	

$query = "UPDATE ".$tablename." SET ".$set." WHERE ".$where;

$this->query = $query;
	mysql_query($query, $this->db);
	if ($this->error()) die ($this->debug());

if ($this->affected() > 0) return true; else return false;

} // end update

This is the error i get when i echo the $query on the db.inc.php

UPDATE cc_CubeCart_sessions SET `location`='/index.php?act=artistConsole', `timeLast`= '1187801649' WHERE sessId='a018db8f867e287d0b826fad1c40d886'UPDATE cc_CubeCart_inventory SET `deleted`='1', `productId`= '' WHERE productId = ''UPDATE cc_CubeCart_inventory SET `deleted`='1', `productId`= '' WHERE productId = ''UPDATE cc_CubeCart_inventory SET `deleted`='1', `productId`= '' WHERE productId = ''UPDATE cc_CubeCart_inventory SET `deleted`='1', `productId`= '' WHERE productId = ''UPDATE cc_CubeCart_inventory SET `deleted`='1', `productId`= '' WHERE productId = ''

Are you typing a product id in?

It would seem that $db->mySQLSafe() is returning a null value when passing $_POST['productId']. Of course, it might be null before it is passed. Try putting an echo $_POST['productId'] right after the line "if(isset($_POST['deleted'])) {" and see what it outputs. Doing something like echo "!!$_POST['productId']!!"; makes it easier to spot where in the output it is.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.