Hi, pls tell me what functions/package to use for the following ?

jd2007

read the rules

2. Don't ask someone to write or re-write a script for you, unless you are posting a message to the PHPFreelancing Forum.  The forums are not the place to request XYZ script.  This is a community of people learning PHP, and not a script location service.  Try searching sourceforge, phpclasses, hotscripts, or Google.

use google

1. Hardware

2. Music

3. Finances

4. Weather Forecasting

5. SMS/Wireless

6. Algoritms

7. Artificiall intelligence

That is the most vague question I have ever seen. PHP does not have specific "packages" or anything else to deal with hardware, or music or finances. It depends on what your wanting to do with them. PHP is not an out of the box be all end all code. You have to build the code to do what you want it to do. If your that new at PHP, then I would skip the above topics for now and learn the basics of how to code in PHP and what it can do.

i know most things to do in php, the problem is the manual is very confusing, i just want to know what functions to use. if there is no such specific functions, i have to code them using stuff like conditionals and loops.

Actually, I find the PHP manual pretty easy to use. It describes the functions and what parameters it expects/accepts and if that isn't clear enough take a look at the comments below the function in question. Now the MySql manual is a different story :)

But seriously, it just depends on what your wanting to do. Pick a topic from your list and describe to us what your wanting to do with it and we may be able to guide you in the right direction.

I am not sure PHP can do anything with Hardware as it is run on the server side and I don't believe that it has the ability to interface with the local machine. I may be wrong on this, so if anyone wants to confirm or correct me, then please do.

Nate

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.