PHPThreader 1.1 (Added ITC and Synchronization)

ASDen

Hey Guys , I released a second version of my Threading Class  ;D ;D

i added(Inter Thread Communication) and data access Synchronization

notice: the features above were added using a text file ,some string parsing and permissions for the Synchronization of data delivery .

You can Get It here http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=203377

waiting For Your reviews and critique (Please Interact with me don't just take a quick look and GO).Thanks in advance

@ tommy

threading makes the job get done faster..

lets say your program in C++ runs of  1 thread and its running a counter from 0 - 1 million..

and if you run 2 threads both with counters running from 0 - 1 million

you would get 2 counters.. both running at very high numbers without taking too much CPU memory.

Threading splits your process into 2 or more processes and runs em all.. at once. it really gets the job done faster by a massive amount of time.

Good example would be  Windows 95 it ran without threads.. you can try Windows 95 on your new computer with 3.2ghz 2 GB ram.. it would take ages to load up.. new programs if you have old ones running already.

@ tommy

threading makes the job get done faster..

lets say your program in C++ runs of  1 thread and its running a counter from 0 - 1 million..

and if you run 2 threads both with counters running from 0 - 1 million

you would get 2 counters.. both running at very high numbers without taking too much CPU memory.

Threading splits your process into 2 or more processes and runs em all.. at once. it really gets the job done faster by a massive amount of time.

Good example would be  Windows 95 it ran without threads.. you can try Windows 95 on your new computer with 3.2ghz 2 GB ram.. it would take ages to load up.. new programs if you have old ones running already.

what is a thread...

i keep thinking Vbulletin. lol

what is a thread...

i keep thinking Vbulletin. lol

I don't think he means thread as in forum topic.

I think he means threads as in it's one application, but has multiple things being processed at the same time, as if it's two or more separate applications. And if your processor has more then 1 core, or supports hyper threading, this can make the application run faster I think.

A thread is a partly isolated part of a process that can run independently from other threads, yet share some of the same resources.

For a familiar example, think of PHP installed as an Apache module as opposed to as a CGI binary... When installed as a CGI binary, a new PHP process is created for every request (php-cgi.exe is executed), so in effect you're starting the PHP engine over and over again. When installed as an Apache module, a process is started together with that of the server, and new threads are made (or possibly pooled) for new requests. This has the benefit of sharing in-memory resources, as well as saving initializing time.

• 3 weeks later...

A thread is a partly isolated part of a process that can run independently from other threads, yet share some of the same resources.

For a familiar example, think of PHP installed as an Apache module as opposed to as a CGI binary... When installed as a CGI binary, a new PHP process is created for every request (php-cgi.exe is executed), so in effect you're starting the PHP engine over and over again. When installed as an Apache module, a process is started together with that of the server, and new threads are made (or possibly pooled) for new requests. This has the benefit of sharing in-memory resources, as well as saving initializing time.

I did not know that about cgi vs module. We're using IIS at work and I think it is though cgi. I will look into this more and report back to the team. Thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.