Question about php/javascript

Patrick3002

Hi, im going to show you an example of what i want to do, then try ang explain it.

I have a page http://domain.com/run.php which when i go there i get a submit link, thats all. I have another page, http://domain.com/vote.php. When i click that submit link from /run.php i want it to perform the javascript func on /vote.php:

<a href="javascript:vote( 'right' );" border="0">[sUBMIT]</a>

When that is clicked on run.php:

function vote(side) {
document.getElementById("side_voting_on").value=side;

var v = false;
for (i=0; i<a.length; i++) {
	if (a[i]==2617072) {
		v = true;
		break;
	}
}
if (!v) {
	document.getElementById('vote_form').submit();
}
else {

location.href = "/vote.php";

}
}

When the submit link on run.php is clicked, i want the javascript func on vote.php to run.

If anyone can help me out with this, that'd be greatly appreciated!

~Patrick

You might look into ajax.

Often there is an easier solution to a problem if you just rethink the problem.

Why does the javascript have to be on vote.php? Why don't you make it a function and run it on any page you want? Why are you making it more difficult than just regular javascript?

As was said by jesirose, ajax is a great option, assuming the browser supports it.  Another option, if a redirect to vote.php is possible, you can use javascript to check and see that the referrer is run.php.

This isn't foolproof, however, as some browsers block that information or allow it to be spoofed.

Please also try to have an option available for those surfers who do not have javascript enabled.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.