Images in a Table in Opera

helpmeplease2

Hmmmm

This is a fantastic excuse to encourage you to NOT use tables for layout purposes - go away do a div/css layout using a decent DTD (like xhtml 1.1) and watch in wonder as the cross-browser consitency in rendering of your site sky rockets...

Trawling through html is a tough job - I suspect you have a ghost td or an unclosed tag or something

check out your page on the w3c validation service - make your site validate first - that may well solve problems - if it is still not quite right after that then get back on here.

PMSL!!!

Tables can indeed do alsorts - like quadruple the amount of html you need to for a page.

I have yet to see ANYTHING that can only be done in tables that can't be done with a good css/div based layout.

There are too many reasons to list as to why you should use divs/css instead of tables to construct your pages.

SOOOOOOOOOO

Do listen - if not to me then the whole PROFESSIONAL web developemnt community, the W3C, the Web Standards Project and the Accessibility brigade (a proud if insignificant 'member' of which I prfess to be).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.