float question

acidglitter

If I was to use the float layout in this tutorial

http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/tutorial0915.htm

And then in the content I had a picture that floated to the left, how could I start a new line? If I put <p style="clear:left"> it would probably start that paragraph below the navigation on the left instead of just below the picture.

(hopefully that made sense)

If I was to use the float layout in this tutorial

http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/tutorial0915.htm

And then in the content I had a picture that floated to the left, how could I start a new line? If I put <p style="clear:left"> it would probably start that paragraph below the navigation on the left instead of just below the picture.

(hopefully that made sense)

Not shure what you mean, but if i got it right, then your trying to get the paragraph to render below the image that floats left?, well the way i would do it, would be to use display: block; on the image itself.

Have you tried clear left?  a clear should only move the element to 'the next line' if there is a floated element that will intefer with it withi it's own container...

browsers obviously  render this differently but give it a try and see how you do.  You may have to play with the caontainer divs to make it work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.