Alternative to include or header? Or am i using it wrong :(

scotchegg78

hey guys,I would appreciate it if anyone could find the time to help with this one...

I have a main page index.php with css divs and includes for the 3 pages, include topbar.php ,navbar.php and mainpage.php.

And mainpage.php exceps a url get parameter to display the page in its place.

This all seems to work fine untill now, I may be burned out and missing the obvious here, but its reloading the same top page twice? then the mainpage or something to this effect!?

firstly i have a link from companydata_details.php to this php/mysql script , its called by users clicking...

<a href="index.php?p=companyreject_script.php&id=<?php echo $row_qrycompanydetails['CompanyID']; ?>">Rejected</a>

when on this script/page it does the magic and then i want to it to go back to the previous page automaticly by ...

$_GET['p'] = "companydata_details.php";
$file = "index.php";
include $file;

The thing is this page is just a script which does not do any html, it could be called the same way a form calls a page?

so i guess i am after either the fix to the problem, or an alternative way of calling this script when some clicks the link?

thanks for your time.

thanks again jesi.

I have changed the link here from the first page to just call the script, which then reloads the index and i dont get shadows so to speak !

<a href="companyreject_script.php?id=<?php echo $row_qrycompanydetails['CompanyID']; ?>">Rejected</a>

I have used includes all over the place, so will have to read up on the differences of header and if its worth swapping it in.

thanks

pete

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.