Simple php form help

amp_rsa

hi im a pretty new to coding (im more of a designer ), i need a simple script for a website im designing! here is a basic drawing of what i need:

form.jpg

Basically i want users to be able to enter their info in to the text feilds and when they are submited, thay are automatically displayed in the top table, and every new submission is displayed under the one before if you get what im saying!! im guessing it'll use a mysql database, which i have, so there is no prob there! I have no clue where to start, as i said im not a coder! ANY HELP would be AWESOME!!!

Thanx ;D

ok, ill give it a shot!

i need mroe specifications on who you wish to view the table, BUT:

if you do: i would suggest, make a new table, name it whatever you wish, add the values username, character name, item and item desc

after that, in your html, make it so that form method is either POST or GET, and each text field has a diff value: IE first is username, second is character name, etc

NOW, when its submitted, check to see if each field is set, using the isset feature:  if(!isset($_POST/$_GET[fieldname]) { Echo ' you didnt fill out the field'; } do that for every field, NOW, for the table where it shows what previously happened, connect to DB, Select your DB, then use the $query= mysql_query(SELECT * from `tablename`) , use a while function:

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($query))

{

and using that function, echo each row into the table, using PHP and html :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.