POST info in Secret

DeeCee

Hello everybody

How am i supposed to do this?

I want to post info to a script not hosted on my server. I want to do in a way so the user doesnt know where the other PHP script is hosted. Then i want my script to return the remote script content.

Heres an example:

User submits data.

Data is sent to the local script.

Local script sends data to remote script

remote script processes data

Local script reads data on remote server OR remote script sends back processed data

Is there anyway i can do this? or is it impossible?

take note what other was saying and ok i guess its possible you can have one db server for on that diff host

you can read the content of those db on that part with your script and loads that in your desired db. I guess its like having a secondary storage???? ;D nay way it make no sense for me doing this hard job

Does it really matter if they know where the other php script is hosted? Just so you know, no one can page source a php script. :P

really!!, that weird i am viewing my script now!! lol,

as for the question in hand,

Local script reads data on remote server OR remote script sends back processed data

if you have write access to the scripts in question then you can if not then only if the data is processed to the page, if not then no, it would be security hell

take note what other was saying and ok i guess its possible you can have one db server for on that diff host

you can read the content of those db on that part with your script and loads that in your desired db. I guess its like having a secondary storage???? ;D nay way it make no sense for me doing this hard job

who's talking about a database by the way?? He just wants to send data to a remote script...

as MadTechie said, it will work if u submit post data (in a remote form) to the remote script, otherwise there's no point at all.

both are my scripts and i know nobody can access the script through html coding. :)

The problem is that i need the other part of the script to be hosted away from the site which people will be using. The purpose of the script is not bad or anything its just that if it was hosted locally the script can be blocked because one of its functions is FSOCK('ing) another site.

(PM me if you really want to know what script for)

I can modify the both part but i need to know what and how to do this?

EDIT: @GuiltyGear  - Im taking a look at the page right now. Thank You

Assuming URL wrappers are enabled on host A (the host you have the script making the call to the other script), you could try opting to use GET:

<?php
$remote_response = @file_get_contents('http://somesite.com/page.php?var1='.$var1.'&var2='.$var2);
if($remote_response) {
//successful
}
?>

Assuming URL wrappers are enabled on host A (the host you have the script making the call to the other script), you could try opting to use GET:

<?php
$remote_response = @file_get_contents('http://somesite.com/page.php?var1='.$var1.'&var2='.$var2);
if($remote_response) {
//successful
}
?>

I suppose this would work when sending the URL to server B. I could simply echo what is entered in the GETl . Then send it to script B.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.