[SOLVED] Cakephp issue

Ninjakreborn

I installed cakephp on 1and1.com shared hosting server.

I have done a lot of research into this and can't figure out what's going wrong.

Without touching anything, or modifying any code (just uploading the files from cakephp) it's suppose to show up the default webpage for cake.  It doesn't it's returning

Error 500 - Internal server error

An internal server error has occured!

Please try again later.

I can't figure out what's wrong with it, I even had a previous installation awhile back (multiple versions of cake awhile back) working perfectly.  I had it working great, off a standard install.  Now based off a standard install it's not working fine.

I found the problem.  After a lot of failed googling, I started playing with some of the files.  I delete the initial htaccess file in the root folder of cake's installation.  It works fine now, I guess something in my configuration settings on my server was causing that error to popup when it ran into that htaccess file.

Once the file is deleted then the index.php file handles the same thing anyway (not as smoothly) but it still get's handled nonetheless.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.