my localhost shows all files in the directory?

sayedsohail

i am on windows aswell, if found document root directing to htdocs and further below doucment root htdocs, you mean i should change this directing to my project directory on both of this places.

# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your

DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache2.2/htdocs"

and another place it says:

# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.

#

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache2.2/htdocs">

Those two lines must be changed equally. U dont have to change the DocumentRoot to match your project directory, just copy/paste your project to "C:/Program Files/Apache2.2/htdocs". Eventhough in a local environment it isnt important to test have your project in the root. U can paste your project in a directory ex: "C:/Program Files/Apache2.2/htdocs/myproject/" and access it via http with "http://localhost/myproject".

The production environment will be basically the same as your local one. Instead of being in the root ex "var/www/html", ull be in ex "var/username/www/html" where html is your root as a user. Talking about shared ones as in dedicated u can do whatever u want. Copy/paste your project files in the root directory of your account by ftp and access the site by your domain or whatever.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.