Execute another php file

MasterACE14

Is their a way to execute another PHP file from a PHP file? for example, say I want to check if a User's Authority level is equal to 3, by using a If statement, and if the User's Authority level is equal to 3, execute another PHP file which executes a function within the file.

How can I do this? if it is at all possible?

(your probably wondering why I want to know how to do this, lets just say PayPal isnt very flexible)

Regards ACE

jitesh has what I was looking for, but Its not going to work for what Im trying to do  :-[

on the other hand, if anyone has had any experience with PayPal and PHP instant payment notification scripts, I NEED YOUR HELP RIGHT! NOW! lol. I would really appreciate help as soon as possible.

Regards ACE

I'm also having a php problem responding to Pay Pal IPN notifications. I have php script that gets the IPN information and I can put it on/in the Thank You for Buying Something page just fine.

In my case, I need for that page to also send the buyer some information (registration key, etc) after I have processed the returned IPN variables.

I have a php script that will send the required email to the customer from my server. That works fine by itself. But when I try to integrate it with the first script, it won't send the emails and gives me an empty array() error.

Does anyone know how to get such a setup to work properly? I see websites that do it all the time, but I'm at a loss for how, and not all that experience with php to beign with.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks Robert

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.