Information Bar Detection

ryanh_106

Hi, I see loads of sites that contain ActiveX controls that display a message when the Information Bar blocks the content saying something along the lines of "Did you notice the information bar" and some instructions on how to enable the ActiveX by clicking on the bar.

But I cant seem to find out how you go about detecting the fact that the information bar has popped up. Anyone any ideas or done this before?

Appreciated

Ryan

I know what it is.... I want to detect when the activeX has been blocked (and the information bar displayed)

I know its possible somehow because I have seen it done on loads of sites, think windows update is one of them,

The site shows a picture of the information bar and how to accept the activeX when its blocked

Ryan

Please clarify what you actually want.

Are you asking if your web server can detect specific settings in the windows registry on the computer used by a visitor to your site?  If so, then I'd bet my privacy on the answer being a resounding no.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.