I have a little cache problem

Onosa

Hello, I've made a little game at http://www.mysticcrusade.com/world/map.php and I have a little problem with it. Every character is loaded with player.php, so sometimes player A will look like player B, but it shouldn't. I'm 99% sure this is a cache problem. The computer thinks that image player A should look like image player B, so it doesn't create player B, but it should! Well, this is at the top of my code at player.php

header("Content-type: image/jpeg");
header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");

// always modified
header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");

// HTTP/1.1
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate max-age=0");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);

// HTTP/1.0
header("Pragma: no-cache");

but it will still mess up some times. In the game, you can change from a guy to a girl. walk around as one gender, change your gender, then walk around the same path. Sometimes it will load correctly, haha. Oh, it's easy and free to sign up. You sign up when you log in the first time.

well, i looked at some answers, and apparently trying to do what i've been doing is pointless. Sending that code with the image won't stop it from being cached, but putting that code on the page that supports the image should stop it. so I now have the cache preventing code on both map.php and player.php. player.php is where the jpg is made and map.php is the world that people play on. Anyway, I still have the problem so what should I do now?

one problem with your code:

your modified date says GMT.  this would only work if your system time was 0gmt.  you have to apply your timezone change to it (- or + up to 12)

I am PST (-8:00 GMT)  If I loaded this page, it would say it was last modified 8 hours ago.

one problem with your code:

your modified date says GMT.  this would only work if your system time was 0gmt.  you have to apply your timezone change to it (- or + up to 12)

I am PST (-8:00 GMT)  If I loaded this page, it would say it was last modified 8 hours ago.

As true as that is, i should not matter! The page is suppose to expire years before you even look at the page.

but the browser owuld liten to the modified after hte expired cause the modified was after the expired.

LOL!

I myself use this:

header('Pragma: public');

header('Pragma: no-cache');

header('Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT');

header('Last-Modified: '.gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s O') . ' GMT');

header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate');

header('Cache-Control: pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0');

the O is the timezone offset.

Okay so I used...

header('Pragma: public');

header('Pragma: no-cache');

header('Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT');

header('Last-Modified: '.gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s O') . ' GMT');

header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate');

header('Cache-Control: pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0');

...and I'm sure it would work better, but i noticed something... when I clear my cache and look at the webpage, i see it loading. When I reload the page, it doesn't need to load anything except for the avatar (if it worked properly). This is because the cache is saved :(

So, all in all, nothing is working for me. Is it working for anyone else? remember, it's free and easy to look at the page. There are no ads or anything, this is all just for me and my club.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.