(WARNING)SMTP WITH VIGIN.NET EMAIL PROBLAMS SENDING AND RECEVING.

redarrow

ADVANCE HELLO TO EVERYONE.

Ok virgin has now setup there email servers to not let programmers to send email via there

own email server unless you provide the full username and password within your smtp server.

this dosent mean you can not get mail but it means you can not send mail unless you use

the login deatalls vigin gave you.

this is an example how to setup a server using merek mark relay form.

redarrow%virgin:redarrowpassword@mail.virgin.net

ps. looks like vigin has got there trousers on and getting rid off users that abouse sending spam emails.

now in my setup at home i need the mail server to send mail to my users and from time to time

when i design a website in php i got to add users to my mail server and give them a account, but from now onwards

in the header of the emails my proper virgin email account will show........

this in my case was valuable information and took hours to find out.

ps afther banging away at the keys and trying all the dns tricks i new i nearly gave up

afther reading 10 books all day on smtp wondring why my mail wont send, i had enougth and phoned

my isp virgin, they told me that there now using no relay on there mail server so in essance only users that

log into there website to send mail can,so i thort ok i use a relay at home with there username and password

they provided and guess what it worked lol, i then phoned virgin agin and told them what ive done and how

i done it, virgin told me that they want all ppl that use there virgin broadband/email service to be resedents

(home users only) only and not independent home business online providing others the abilty to spam others.

That means in your php.ini must point to the correct mail server to send and receve mail also if

your isp is virgin your email server must allow you to relay smtp, not all free apps do.

i posted this becouse thousands of my emails couldnt get sent to users that i currently provide a service for,

but also now relise i still got the problam off all my emails and there email have my current proper email address,

so i exspect spam and plenty off it lol.

all the best redarrow.

PS. SORRY THIS IS PHP RELATED AS NOW I CAN SEND EMAIL BUT BEFORE I COULDNT.

virgin media own anythink realated to virgin there everythink now in london.

planes.

mobiles.

cable tv.

broadband

dab radio.

home phone lines.

music.

music shops.

ect. ect ect ..............

endless story.

richard branson company still growing.

PS. BAD NEWS IS THERE NOT OR NEVER GOING TO PROVIDE STATIC IP'S (what a joke)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.