[SOLVED] IE 6 Shows White Only, Mozilla Firefox Shows Page Correctly

masteroleary

Code looks ok from firefox and I suppose you've run it through the w3c validator, if that say's it's ok then dunno. You could do with some more '\n', so can read better to make sure all tables open/close... At least something should show in IE, otherwise it's a server or address error?

Yeah, it is not working in IE-6, without seeing the code it is hard to tell ...

But one guess

If you have

<?php include("banner.php");  ?> // or whatever file name you gave 

Then there must be some problem in that file.

Same thing happened to me too ;) so just a guess...

post your code then someone could help you out...

cheers...

Well Thanks for the immediate post, especially telling me about the validator, theres a tool I cant believe Ive been living without. I changed two things and then the site appeared in IE. After validating the page I found the my script tag which I normally write like this

<script type="text/JavaScript">
<!--
//-->
</script>

was missing the closing comment //-->

Also, I forgot to ad a slash before ending my param tags

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="120" height="600">
  <param name="movie" value="Library/banners/template.swf" />
  <param name="quality" value="high" />
  <embed src="Library/banners/template.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="120" height="600"></embed>
</object>

Thanks again everyone.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.