4 replies to this topic

#1 Eugene

Eugene
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:55 PM

I'm trying to make a PHP Script that you type a username in, it gets the stats of that username from a website.

For example: Runescape.

You have an form with an action="test.php" method="post"

The page this form is on is test.php

It will have Input to get the users Stats...

Ive tried this and that, nothing works, anyone got any quick scripts or serious help to offer?

Thanks.

#2 Yesideez

Yesideez
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,334 posts
  • LocationDevon, UK

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:58 PM

If you're trying to get stats of players on Runescape (or any other online game) then you might as well stop.

Unless you have access to the game's database then forget it and you won't get access unless the owner gives you access (and I very much doubt they will no matter how nicely you ask) or you're good at getting in through a closed door.
Not a pro just an enthusiast :)

if (empty($coffee)) {$coffee=new coffee();}

Please surround any code using the CODE tags - I rarely look at anything without them

#3 Eugene

Eugene
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

People have does this before...

It's not virtually impossible, but probably very hard to do.

#4 Eugene

Eugene
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

bump

#5 titangf

titangf
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:04 PM

I agree with Yesideez... stop if your trying to (and I use the word loosely) "hack" your way into someone elses database. besides... what fun would a game be if you didn't have a little mystery about what your opponents/friends were doing or had on them.
[!--coloro:#3366FF--][span style="color:#3366FF"][!--/coloro--][a href="http://www.csszengarden.com/" target="_blank"]css zen garden - beautiful design with the programmer in mind[/a][!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]

[!--coloro:#3366FF--][span style="color:#3366FF"][!--/coloro--]Time is the invention of man to gauge what his achievements have been before he fades to dust.[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users