CGI in PHP problem

jbingman

I have a CGI file that loops 4-5 pictures when the pages is refreshed and now that i have changed it to a .php file it doesnt show this. When i first installed this picture loop it made me change from .html to a .shtml. Is there a way to change .php(ex. .phps?) or something that i could have this displayed again?

is this cgi script php? There are other languages out there like "CGI" that have different extensions.

Its also possible that your server defaults to a lower php version and thus doesn't show the loop. For instance, on default my server uses php 4.0 unless I explicately name the php script .php5 or change the htaccess, so thats a possible.

The first possibility is the most probable.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.