problem with tables on home page

spdwrench

I recently had to move the tables around on my page the narrow quicksearch table was on the left and the main body on the right

I had to move the main body to load first and then the quick search (for search index reasons)

but now if the page loads a little slow you see the main body fill the entire area and when the second area for the quicksearch loads it snaps the main back to size.. this looks rather unprofessional on slow loads

could anyone give me an idea on how to remedy this

I know the table widths are set to 100%

I did not right the code just moved it around a bit if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be a great help.

Paul

here is my home page

watch the main body jump

http://www.abmatch.com

It loads slowly because there are images in the table. The script will load the website first and then it will take its time loading flash, images, and other stuff that isnt important to design. There arent that many ways to change the way your page loads. unless you write your page in AJAX or something along those lines

its not the picture load causing the jump

the table on the left is the full size of the overall table if this makes anysense

and then when the smaller table comes in to the right it snaps the left one so they both can fit in the overall table.

this was not happening until I reveresed the left and right tables on the page

Paul

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.