[SOLVED] Site down after upgrade.

kporter.porter

I upgraded to 5.2.4 and now my site doesn't work.  I didn't do any of the original programming.  I have found and fixed a few things, but there has to be some way to make it compatible with PHP5.  I don't have a way of going back to the older version (very dumb mistake on my part)

I am running iis6.0 on server2003 using php5.2.4.

Any ideas or am I going to have to learn PHP this weekend and rewrite the sight error by error?

I get this error now when transferring to a page

Notice - PHP Notice: Undefined index: REMOTE_ADDR in c:location\Session.php on line 45.

That line has the following code.

$GLOBALS["$SessionName"]=md5 (microtime() . $GLOBALS["REMOTE_ADDR"]);

This is the current error.  I turned on globals as security is the least of my worries right now.

The global variable $REMOTE_ADDR no longer exists in favour of $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDRESS'] however enabling register_globals (not recommended) in your php.ini should fix this. Did you restart the server after enabling this?

Be aware that having register globals switched on is not just a security risk but can cause unexpected behavour.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I restarted the server and even restarted the machine to make sure after I made change to php.ini.

It didn't fix it.  I changed the code to match yours and it still gives me the same error, except using REMOTE_ADDRESS instwead of REMOTE_ADDR.

Notice - PHP Notice: Undefined index: REMOTE_ADDRESS in c:location\Session.php on line 45.

When I debug the Session.php it says no errors, no output.  I get this error (plus a couple of header errors after it) when I debug login.php.

Thank you BlueSkyIS and thorpe.  I really appreciate your help.  I made the change to REMOTE_ADDR.  I also read the sticky about headers and now I get a header when I logon into the site.  The notices do not show on the site, just when I debug in the IDE (I am using PHP Designer 2007 - Personal).

I'll have to search to see what my next problem is, but thanks again for the great help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.