Get Screenshot...

phpSensei

that is overkill the swf have frames, it is simply a snap shot of a certain frame in the swf, then that data is stored as a png/gif/jpg  I dont know the exact manner of doing it, but needless to say you will need to have some sort of swf interrupter to handle this that can read out a certain frame and capture the graphical output.  That or just do em by hand with photoshop and that handy prtsc button.  Fyi your server most likely can not run a prtSc as it probably doesn't have any graphical interface to interrupt graphics, your server is a chuck of plastic and silicon in some far off bunker that runs through 1,0 all day long, waiting to be abused by you and your visitors.

i'm not sure php could do this - afterall, PHP can't display and SWF file and, since PHP runs server side, how could it possible take a screenshot of what the browser outputs?

why not just hit "print screen" and crop it in photoshop  ;D

i think what he wants is. know when you upload a video on you tube and it automatically takes 3 screen shots he wants to be able to do that.

I look 6 hours straight into ffmpeg and  i still have no clue on how to use it.

This is so frustrating. Isnt there a script you can just copy paste to do this? like a javascript that gets the frame of the swf, then saves that frame into a png, then exports it to dir?

Please, please i need this by next week.

Please help me, please!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.