[SOLVED] Veil

jaymc

I have a page on my website with a video link, when a user clicks the video it loads in the same page floating on top of the page content

I use position:absolute for that

It works fine however I want the background content to be invisible. currently I have the video loaded in a table which is 100% x 100% with a background colour of white

That does what I want, I essentually get a white page with just the video even though there has been no page reload and original content is hiding away behind the floating table

However, the page height is around 2000px in total, 100% x 100% only stretches to the current available page view, so if I scroll down you can see the original content

What is the best way to totally hide everything on a page, like putting a sheet over the top of it..

quickest would be to open in a new page but as this is a doc effect you'll be using javascritp to show hide this table...

if so just disable scrolling on the page until the vid is closed/hidden.

Is there no way to place a position:absolute 'sheet' over the entire area?

I suppose I could use javascript to detect scrollable area and set a px height rather than a % height

But I want to avoid using javascript, I thought there would be something in HTML & CSS that would work well..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.