PHP FILE CONVERT

mikey3521

Hello, This should be pretty simple and even if someone could just provide me with a link that would be awesome as well. Or if they've just got some code up there sleves that works too!!...

Pretty much I need a "YouTube" script upload a video converts to to FLV saves the path in database, generates a thumbnail. Now I can download like complete youtube clones for free but I don't need members and profiles and everything else, that i'm building from scratch. Pretty much all I need is a simple upload forum (which I can make) "Video Name" "Video File" then I need the script (which i can't make) which uploads it and runs the ffmpeg, ffmpeg-php scripts to convert it and generate the thumbnail & save it to a database. Any help would be awesome. I've done a simple picture upload where it changes the name to timestamp, puts the path in a database with some fields but i'm not quite sure how to call the ffmpeg script...

Thanks

-Mike

haha thank you but your greatly over ... estimating my skills. I've read up on them all but i'm a take it apart and put it back together learner. but thank you I am researching some other tutorials. If you know of any that would be awesome. I know it's nothing terribly complicated to-do, I just can't seem to make it work.

Thanks i'll find the command I need. My other question is in PHP how do I do this so that it's running in the background, and the user isn't awaiting a result. For example uploads, then says Thanks, Uploaded, in line for processing shouldn't be long... then they can navigate around and it will keep doing it things / generating a thumb?

im just curious how it works in the way say I have several people all upload videos within moments of each other. Will it naturally start a queue, or will it try to convert them all at the same time causing a large spike on CPU usage? Or is there a way I can decide (I think the queue method would be the best) but i'm open to thought's on this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.