PHP & XAMPP

summerjamn

I'm trying to run a standalone web server for web site testing. OS is XP w/SP2. 

XAMPP appeared to install just fine. Will run phpinfo() and various other functions from localhost.

I put my html and php files in a folder named website as a sub-folder of htdocs.

All of my .html code works and goes from page to page just like it should.

Problem is I have several links in the .html code to  .php files to capture data from forms.

None of the .php forms will display...nothing happens when I click the link to the form.

Apparently they are not being found. I copied the .php files into htdocs and the result was the same....no form display.

I might add, it all works (html & php forms) on my production web site.

Suggestions please?

Are you sure you started the xamp Apache server?

Apache must be running. Also, what is the link that you have on the .html page to the .php page, perhaps that could be the issue. Make sure there are no infinite loops on the php page.

Some code would be helpful, perhaps one .html file with one of the php files it is linked to, to make sure that is not the issue.

Yes, I am certain Apache is running.  I can run phpinfo() and several of the other things from the index.html page displayed when I type in localhost on my browser.  Also, as I noted in my post, the php works just fine on my production ISS web site that I host.  I think this is a matter of the files not being found, I'm at a loss and have read multiple forums, posted here on on the Apache friends forum...

Thank you for your response.

Ok, where is the html file and php file? Where are the links?

IIS and Apache are two different servers and handle things differently. Some code will help you get an answer quicker.

Your asking a blind man to hit a 100mph fastball, not gonna happen.

All of my code is in a folder named "website" which is a subfolder of htdocs.  The home page (index.html) is stored as \website\index.html  and is an introductory page that links to a homepage named control.html stored as \website\control.html.  All subsequent links/pages (html & php) are stored in a subfolder as \website\pages\.....

Does this help?  All of the .html page links work just fine.  The php pages/forms do not execute.

The production (test) web site works as designed.  But the stanalone server I'm trying to setup for testing, the php will not work.

I'm struggling here and will be glad to reveal the production site (in test) and how to get into it if that will help.

Thanks

Check your logfiles (typically in {apache_install_folder}/logs

Look through them and they will give you more clues to work with.

If the logs are already huge, just delete them, access the page and do whatever isn't working, then review the logs.

If you post the log entries here that deal with your problem, we can help decipher them.

PhREEk

All of the code works on an ISS as designed, albeit I'm using a differnet PHP installation on the productions wed server.  I will check the logs as suggested 2 posts previous to this one, but it's seems that the php routines are not being found.

Thanks to those who are responding, I appreciate your help and interest.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.