Running Scripts to Update DB from 1 Parent Script

ThePilots81

Hello,

I am trying to create a "master" script that will run "other" scripts.  The "other" scripts upload information from flat files to the db.  I've tried to find information on this by searching Google and other forums, but I'm either not searching very well or there's not much information on this.  I have the "other" scripts created, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to create the "master" script.  Any help or info will be appreciated.

Thanks!

What you seem to be looking for is a cronjob I think. Vague explanation with no example.

What have you tried? Do you just want a script with buttons you push that call another script or do you want it automatic?

Post more information if you would like more than a vague response.

What you seem to be looking for is a cronjob I think. Vague explanation with no example.

What have you tried? Do you just want a script with buttons you push that call another script or do you want it automatic?

Post more information if you would like more than a vague response.

I've created a page that lists the "other" scripts that need to be run and what flat files are required for each script.  A user can then upload the flat file for one or more scripts, and then select which scripts they want to run by checking the select box.  The select box is disabled using conditionals until the correct flat file is uploaded for that particular script.  There's a button that they will then click to run those scripts.  So the master script will be executed with the click of a button. 

I guess what I need to know is how to call the other scripts from the master script and run them.  Hopefully this is a little less vague.  Thanks for your input.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.