[SOLVED] Can I inser value from mypage.html?src=[value] into a link?

kiowa_jackson

Let's say I have an incoming link going to

www.mydomain.com/page.html?src=[value]

where the value is the id of an ad or whatever. Is it possible to insert this value in to an outbound link on www.mydomam.com/page.html, i.e. is it possible to create a link that will automatically pass on this value to a different page?

Thanks

Not sure if I understand this right, but I'm not looking for a redirect, I want them to be able to see the page, then click the link. So they would come to my page /page.php?srw=[variable]. And then whatever linke they'd click on that page would pass on the variable to the next page. If I understood the above code correctly, that was for redirecting an entire page.

More information is needed.

What do you want to do with the src= ?

Do you want to redirect the user, display it in an iframe, log it in a database?

What is the goal of this script? Do you want it to simply take what is in src= and create a link from it?

It's like the blind leading the blind.

Sorry.

I want a user to come to my page via a link

http://www.mysite.com/page.php?src=[value]

then I want this user to either click a normal link and/or fill out a form.

The form or link (I'd like to do both for different purposes, but whatever is possible) will then send them to a different domain. I want the original variable to be passed on like this:

http://www.otherdomain.com?src=[value]

So that the original value gets dynamically inserted to the outgoing links.

Hope that covers it, thanks for your help

Using the $_GET['src'] where needed:

<?php

echo '<a href="http://www.someoensdomain.com/?src=' . $_GET['src'] . '">Click Here</a>';
echo '<br /><form method="post" action="site.php?src=' . $_GET['src'] . '"><input type="hidden" src="' . $_GET['src'] . '" name="src" /><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit!" /></form>';

?>

I think that is what you are looking for...?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.