Who bikes to work?

effigy

I don't - My office is a bit too far for that I think (~13 miles). That, and I don't own a bike. Though I do enjoy my drive to the office, over half of it is country roads so I get to give the car a bit of a hammering :D

I bike to school no matter what the weather condition is.

Year round? How rough does the weather get?

Yes, year round. I think at winter it's like -5 to 5 Celsius (maybe a little colder sometimes), sometimes with snow and sometimes with rain. Summers can be up to 35 degrees, but usually they're around 25 degrees. Distance is approximately 3 km (1.9 miles).

At large roads the snow and ice is cleared away, but most of the way I'm driving on small paths to take a shortcut. I don't use bike chains or any other sort of "special equipment", I just drive carefully and a bit slower (which is a problem because I'm often a bit late and therefore have to hurry in order to get there in time) if it's icy or if there is snow.

At large roads the snow and ice is cleared away, but most of the way I'm driving on small paths to take a shortcut. I don't use bike chains or any other sort of "special equipment", I just drive carefully and a bit slower (which is a problem because I'm often a bit late and therefore have to hurry in order to get there in time) if it's icy or if there is snow.

I'm not being a dick or anything, just helpful, I know English is not your first language: You ride a bike, not drive it.

I'm not being a dick or anything, just helpful, I know English is not your first language: You ride a bike, not drive it.

Ah, ok... thanks for clearing that out. In Danish you say "drive" ("køre") whenever you are using something with wheels.

I work in the city centre, about 12 miles from home. A one minute walk from the rail station to the office. At the home end it's about a six minute (one cigarette) walk. So I take the train. (Oh, I work in public transport and get free annual rail ticket so that's another reason. I also get free bus travel, but when it takes < 20 minutes by train and over an hour by bus it's no contest)

When I was at school though, I did cycle. 4 miles each way and used to clock up about 25 miles a day in the holidays. Too bloody old these days; I think more about stair-lifts than bicycles.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.