Push it to the left

TheFilmGod

I have a div that I want to be aligned to the left side. I tried using margin: 0 600px 0 0; to get it to work, but IE throws up!

How can I fix this?

Is there a way to push the element to the left?

I tried "float: left" but this doesn't work as I wanted it to work. Is there another way?

I have a div that I want to be aligned to the left side. I tried using margin: 0 600px 0 0; to get it to work, but IE throws up!

How can I fix this?

Is there a way to push the element to the left?

I tried "float: left" but this doesn't work as I wanted it to work. Is there another way?

Ofcause, but now your asking, theres a good chance you need to rethink your design/layout.

Thats just my experiance, since i've cleared my "drawingboard" lots of times, and im about to do so again.

Anyway, you should try the CSS position attributes, if you are seaking inspiration feel free to check the link in my sig.

Using floats can really be hard to get working, without hacks etc, i've found that position saves alot of time in the end.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.