Firefox: No XHR without Firebug?

roopurt18

I was just showing a site that uses AJAX to someone else and it doesn't work.  We're both using Firefox 2.0.0.9 and I have Firebug while the other person doesn't.  I disabled Firebug on my Firefox and sure enough the AJAX functionality went away.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I have experienced the exact same problem. The specific details of how I fixed it escape me at the moment, when I get into the office I'll check my code - I switched a true to a false on something and it started working, but then I believe this then caused an issue in IE. But luckily for me, this was being used on a project that had a controlled environment - All machines were Windows/IE7...

Ok, just taken a look at what I done and it appears I changed the request from being asynchronous to synchronous (or visa versa) A certain way round it didn't work in IE, and the otherway round didn't work for me in FireFox with FireBug switched off.

Luckily for my situation I could control which browsers are being used, but you may not. I would be interested if you find a proper solution to this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.