Setting up a Database

integravtec

Hey everyone,

I'm very new to PHP and I have a question, I'm building a website where if someone fills out a form with their info, it gets sent to a database where I can view everyone who registered and all of their info. Also if possible send a mass e-mail to everyone either through the webpage itself or a way to copy all of the e-mails into outlook, or any other way besides copying and pasting all of the e-mails because there will be alot of e-mails.

If I understand correctly I have to set up a database? Which I have never done before.

The only thing I've done close to this is have a form send info to someones e-mail using PHP but never stored anything before.

Please help!!

Thanks in adavance!

I would highly suggest finding a free mass emailing script out there, as mass emailing is tough to do and since it has already been done, no real need to re-invent the wheel.

Thats just my 2cents, and MySQL database is the way to go.

Thanks for your response guys!

I'm hosting with go daddy and when i look at my account info, here is what I see as far as the databases are concerned:

# of MySQL Databases: 0 Setup of 10 Available

# of MSSQL Databases: 0 Setup of 1 Available

So yes, I have access to the MySql. I see an option where I can "create new dataebase".

What is phpmyadmin, I heard about it before but don't know what it is? And how do I get it or use it?

And to janim: I will talk to my friend to see what info we need and I will post the html field codes. And I'm sorry i didnt understand this

"please post your code which inserting the data to database "

Thanks a million!

Thanks for your response guys!

I'm hosting with go daddy and when i look at my account info, here is what I see as far as the databases are concerned:

# of MySQL Databases: 0 Setup of 10 Available

# of MSSQL Databases: 0 Setup of 1 Available

So yes, I have access to the MySql. I see an option where I can "create new dataebase".

What is phpmyadmin, I heard about it before but don't know what it is? And how do I get it or use it?

And to janim: I will talk to my friend to see what info we need and I will post the html field codes. And I'm sorry i didnt understand this

"please post your code which inserting the data to database "

Thanks a million!

phpMyAdmin is a "control panel" of your MySQL database's.

you can create-edit-delete databases through this and

create-edit-delete tables through it.

and he was asking to post your PHP script that will be getting and inserting the

data into your database....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.