New site design

Taffd

Your comments would be appreciated.

Ok, I am starting....

First of all I don't see too much difference in Old and New one except some background images.

I don't see anything to comment cause there is nothing, it looks plain and dull just inspired by the old one.

If you are looking for simple, neat design then you should try to refining the banner, logo and yes the navigation bar and that login box too  (Is everything included  :P). Don't you think there is lot of blank space around (dunno if you are planning to keep something there later). That country list you can add in a list box (jump menu type.. or whatever they call it), it is going way downnnn.

Okie.... that's all for now ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all, so far, for your comments.

Re professional. I'm not sure what everybody means by 'it's not very professional'. The idea was to create a simple clean look that was generic. ie. not pertaining to any specific country.

The long list of 'country' links, I agree, is not ideal but was done for a specific reason. It gives the site over 60,000 internal links, viewable by search engine. I'm hoping that, with each country page being different, this will enhance the ranking. Whether or not this proves to be correct, will be seen when the redesign goes live in a week or two.

From viewing my site stats, it's apparent that most people who have viewed the site, from here, have only visited one or two pages and are obviously dissatisfied with the first impression.

Feedback from other viewers has tended to be more positive. It is obviously a subjective thing. Maybe another redesign is in order.

Thanks again everyone, keep 'em coming.

Regards

Taffd

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.