Running IIS & apache on the same machine

Topshed

I have installed the Wamps system and I just love it,

But I also use IIS for ASP and I wondered if it is possible to set it up so I can switch  between the two servers

To get apache working at present I have to run a batch file to disable IIS as it appears to take preferance over Apache

Any help would be most welcome

Thanks

Roy...

IIS and apache can easily run on the same machine. They cant however run on the same port (e.g. http - 80).

What I would suggest is that you have apache on port 80, enable mod_proxy, and use apache to proxy requests to IIS which you can put running on port 8080 for example.

-steve

Thank you Steve,

That all sounded easy, but after going to the MS website and others It scared me stiff, there must be 20 steps and half dozen Dire Warnings, and so far I have not found a step by step guide for vista,

Those I have tried do not work because regedit cannot find the key they are talking about

Regards

Roy...

The only M$ stuff you have to do is to put IIS running on port 8080.

If you open up Server/Computer/IIS Manager and edit the default site you can change which port it listens/runs on.

Read: http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/9400

Once IIS is running on 8080, do a netstat to check nothing is using port 80, open up apache and proceed to enable mod_proxy.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.