online hardware shop

anatak

Does anyone know a good (reliable) not too expensive online hardware shop ?

I want to buy an external dvd burner.

My internal burner in my laptop died and Toshiba asks around 3000 US Dolars (30 000 yen) to repair it.

slightly ripoff imo

I am looking for a Samsung SE-S184M OEM LightScribe External DVD Burner

Or HP DVD1040e Lightscribe SuperMulti Retail DVD Burner

all suggestions and comments are welcome.

anatak

My internal burner in my laptop died and Toshiba asks around 3000 US Dolars (30 000 yen) to repair it.

30,000 Japanese yen equates roughly to 275 USD - a much different value than 3,000. :)

For shipping addresses in the US, I always recommend www.newegg.com, but since you're talking about prices in yen, I suspect that you're not in the US. Unfortunately I don't know anything about any world-wide shops.

30,000 Japanese yen equates roughly to 275 USD - a much different value than 3,000. :)

For shipping addresses in the US, I always recommend www.newegg.com, but since you're talking about prices in yen, I suspect that you're not in the US. Unfortunately I don't know anything about any world-wide shops.

Oops I meant to say 300 US $ but 275 is more accurate.

yes I live in Japan and one of the things I think is strange that Japanese products are cheaper in US than in Japan.

I feel that Japanese people actually like to pay high prices.

Try BestBuy.com. We also have a best buy in china/hong kong now.  So, something you might want to consider. we also ship to countries overseas and our Mangolia store ships within canada.  :) oh the joys of working for best buy during the holidays....just so you guys know,  us retail sales people hate you during the holidays. LOL!

Another thing I'd like to add.  I'm of the mindset that you get what you pay for, but when it comes to any sort of optical drive I buy the cheapest ones possible.

I once spent a lot of money for two separate CD burners that worked great at first, but eventually went to crap.

So next time I bought one I said screw it and dumped $20 on an OEM NEC (and later an Asus) DVD Burner.  They still work great.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.